I was so excited for this spring to come. In the fall of 2019 the Quilted Moose Mountain Retreat was ready to accept guests. I spent the fall visiting quilt shops, introducing myself and handing out brochures on the retreat house as well as my business cards. Everything was looking promising. Until…..
What do I do now? Do I continue to promote? Do I accept reservations? What now?
I opted to do nothing. No blog posts – as you can tell since I haven’t posted anything all spring and into the summer. I didn’t feel good about promoting for people to come when everything was shut down. Even if someone called I wasn’t sure I would accept their reservation.
That was April, then came May and June. Things started to open up and a former co-worker called to ask if she could come and bring a friend. I didn’t have anything else going on, so since she was a friend, and I had taken a quilt class from her at Bolts and More, I said sure.
A few days later I got a call from someone wanting to book a self–service retreat for six people for 5 nights. I WAS SO EXCITED! My fall promotional efforts were coming to fruition. Less than 30 minutes later I got a second call for five guests for a full-service weekend retreat. Hence the title of this blog: Well, Butter my Biscuit.
Here is my plan for providing a safe extra clean and safe environment:
- Reservations will only be made for groups where the guests know and associate with each other.
- Self-service retreats are encouraged as opposed to full-service to reduce exposure to the guests and myself.
- Request incoming groups to inventory their health as individuals, and if they are experiencing any symptoms to either cancel or reschedule their reservation.
- Further, as new guests arrive, temperatures will be taken.
- After each retreat we are sanitizing the tables and chairs, cutting table, rulers, rotary cutters, irons and anything that could have been touched during the stay.
- In addition, we are sanitizing all touchable surfaces such as, door knobs, light switches, remotes, etc.
If you would like to discuss available dates, please call me at 480-797-8499.